White Chokos -Grow your own empire of veg!
This one’s a bit special because it’s white.. the one you
mostly find is Green (also delish)
Flavour is like zucchini when cooked and packs a
bunch of nutrients like fibre, vitamins and zinc.
Plant directly in the ground or into a pot over winter
and plant out during spring as frost can damage
(outdoors cover with frost cloth to protect )
So what can you do with it other then amass loads of
1. Boiled: Cut the choko into small pieces, boil them in
salted water until they are tender, then drain and serve.
2. Fried: Cut the choko into thin slices, coat them with
breadcrumbs, and fry them until golden brown.
Alternatively, you can slice the choko into thin rounds,
toss them in flour, and fry them in a bit of oil until
3. Baked: Cut the choko into small pieces, toss them in
olive oil and seasonings, and bake them in the oven
until tender and slightly crispy.
4. Grilled: Cut the choko into thick slices, brush them
with oil, and grill them until they are charred and
5. Steamed: Cut the choko into small pieces and steam
them until they are tender, then serve with a bit of salt
Try this cracker of a recipe for a Choko &Prawn stir fry
choko-stir-fry Available now and they are moving quick
( like any good choko)
#choko @farmtoforkau #nutrientdense #autumn #loads
#variety #white #plant #bareroot