Right about now the Flame Tree is going to make you see red but in a good way. How amazing is it that even the stems near the flowers are red. They tolerate a wide variety of soil types and climates from warm temperate to subtropical.
Kath loves sour fruit and for her this fruit is perfect just the way it is.
Growing guide such as subtropical climate grown in the northern Rivers and QLD climates.
You can buy the Davidson Plum Fruit Tree which is for sale at Daleys Fruit Tree Nursery here:
Other Davidson Plum Varieties for sale are:
The Davidson Plum comes in 3 types.
Davidson Plum QLD: small tree suitable for the indoors or office.
Davidson Plum NSW : Striking purple edible fruits.
Davidson Plum Smooth: Endangered species native to the Tweed.
Many people love it as a fruit for jam making.
http://www.daleysfruit.com.au/buy/walnut-placentia-tree.htm for Placentia and put your name down under "notify me when available" #walnuttree #nuttree #daleysfruit #gardeningaustralia
Fruit Outside Seasonal TimesGirdling can force fruiting outside of the normal seasonal fruiting time of the year . Also trees that tend to be biennial fruiters, For example you can cincturing separate branches alternately every year will ensure one gets fruit every year.
How Cincturing WorksCincturing temporarily stops the flow of photosynthesised sugars to the roots. This forces the cinctured branch into producing flowers. At the same time the roots are being deprived temporarily of food and hence root growth slows which also slows a vigorous trees growth. The ideal way to get the best advantage from cincturing is to alternate each year a main branch of ones tree.
Daleys Fruit Tree Forum is moderated by Kath from Daleys Fruit Tree Nursery.
G – General Audiences
All ages admitted. Nothing that would offend parents for viewing by children.
This forum is a Question & Answer forum. We want you to use it to get better at growing plants.
About Kaths Job
In todays online world if you say something online it can have the same or more importance than saying it in person or real life. Kath is under very strict instructions to only allow posts that are in the spirit of joy, helpfulness and encouragement. We hope you understand that not all your comments will be let through. You may find that this is "nitpicking" however this is the only way we can keep the forum running.
How it works
- When you make a post it will only be visible to you until it is checked by Kath then it will be visible to everyone.
- The decision on posts being accepted in the forum is final and can not be contested or reinstated. Please re-word your post paying particular attention to "What to write" and "What will not be included" below.
What to write:
- Questions and Answers about growing plants in your backyard.
- Family friendly content rated (G)
What will not be included:
- Off topic posts not about growing plants
- Posts that could be interpreted as negativity towards another member
- Negative experiences or opinions about other businesses or products.
- A link to an answer elsewhere rather than answering the question within the forum thread.
- Anything related to a order with Daleys Nursery this needs to be asked directly to Daleys Fruit Tree Nursery
- Posts that legitimately offend a reader of the forum.
Gardeners are always swapping and selling plant and garden materials between each other. We also understand that you may wish to recommend a good experience you have had with another business. This is suitable as long as it is original and true. We want people and businesses who encourages Australians to get out into their backyard and grow plants to go well as this is our passion too.
Important: Daleys is not responsible for any purchases you make through the forum or recommendations that you use to make purchases and it is your responsibility to only purchase or swap things from people that you know and trust.
- Advertising that is not legitimate forum conversation in the question and answer format.
Authentic and original
- Do not post copyrighted material or content that has already been posted elsewhere.
Your responsibility as a user
- Learn more about gardening and fruit trees.
- Immediately use the report button on anything you think is inappropriate.
- Do not give out personal information in the comments field such as an email and address.
Posts prior to 17th Sep 2015
These were not moderated by Daleys Nursery but were moderated by the forum community. We ask that you use the "Report" button to alert us to anything you find objectionable.
We have re-opened the Daleys fruit tree forum where you can ask questions about your backyard fruit trees, edibles, rainforest trees and anything plant related.
Last month we made an announcement that we closed the forum. However many people contacted us and told us how they enjoyed the forum and what it meant to them.
To make the forum work we are now moderating each comment before they are posted live so that the forum is a safe and fruitful place to hang out.
... More news to come